We can’t wait to welcome Participants to ScotJam on Tour: South East taking place at Bonaly Scout Centre on Saturday 17th and Sunday 18th July. This page contains important information about how we’re going to keep everyone safe and make sure everyone enjoys ScotJam.
ScotJam on Tour: South East is taking place in line with current Scottish Government guidance and Scouts Scotland readiness levels.
If participants, or a close contact, are displaying symptoms of Covid-19, or is self-isolating then they should not attend ScotJam on Tour: South East. In this situation you should make contact with the ScotJam Team – see contact details below.
Each participant should bring with them …
- Small Day Sack with:
- Packed Lunch – including a morning and afternoon snack. (Please note, ScotJam is a NUT FREE event, please do not bring any food items which contain Nuts)
- Filled Water Bottle – refill stations will be available and we will provide squash during the day
- Sun cream and midge repellent
- Clothing appropriate for the weather and activities including waterproofs.
- Personal Medication – marked with name and dose frequency, if required. This should be handed to leader.
- Please note,
- Scouts should bring a pair of wellies or footwear they don’t mind getting wet.
- Scouts will also need to bring a complete change of clothing, including replacement footwear, as well as a towel as one of the activities may involve getting wet!!
- Scouts ensure you bring a pair of long trousers, for 2 activities (Update 16/07)
- Please bring a face covering to wear in case you need to go inside any building and/or for situation where 2-metre distance is not possible.
- Participants are required to wear their neckie throughout the day
All personal belongings must be clearly marked with your child’s full name and Scout group.
ScotJam on Tour can accept no responsibility for personal equipment, clothing and effects, and The Scout Association DOES NOT provide automatic insurance cover in respect of such items. Participants are discouraged from packing new or expensive clothes.
Arrival & Departures
ScotJam on Tour: South East is taking place at Bonaly Scout Centre, 71 Bonaly Rd, Edinburgh EH13 0PB.
Drop Off & Pick Up Point: Torduff Road, Edinburgh, just over the Bridge on Bonaly Road, that goes over Edinburgh City Bypass, then turn right.
- Google Maps Link: https://goo.gl/maps/jWTo27evY6i8ognr7
- What3words: ///flesh.silk.quest – https://w3w.co/flesh.silk.quest
To limit the number of vehicles and people arriving at once we are allocating time slots for arrival and departure. Please make sure you stick to the time slot allocated below. If siblings attending, they can arrive together.
Arrival Time: Cubs 9:00 AM / Scouts 9:15 AM
Departure Time: Cubs 7:45 PM / Scouts 8:00 PM
- Participants must register with a leader at the drop-off area, to ensure that we comply with Track & Trace. A number of ScotJam Leaders will be in attendance – they will be wearing neckies and high vis jackets.
- If you are going to arrive early, please wait at the parking area on Torduff Road.
- If you are going to be late, please contact Mike Treanor on ([no in email]
- Please pick up participants from Torduff Road – the ScotJam Leaders will bring Cubs/Scouts to the parking area at Torduff Road.
Whilst at ScotJam on Tour: South East participants will be part of an activity group with other Cubs/Scouts. Throughout the event participants will be supported and looked after by experienced leaders and qualified instructors. Participants will stay with the activity group for the duration of the event. ScotJam on Tour: South East is fully booked therefore it is not possible to move participants activity groups.
Cubs at ScotJam on Tour: South East will participate in the follow activities: Climbing Wall, Archery, Nightline and Mohawk Walk
Scout at ScotJam on Tour: South East will in the following activities: Climbing Wall, Tomahawk Throwing, Camouflage Tracking and Burn Scramble.
All activities will be run in accordance with The Scout Association’s Safety rules.
In the evening there will be a BBQ, followed by Wide Games and a Camp Fire prior to departure.
After Scotjam on Tour: SE Scotland we recommend that participants check for Ticks. Information about Ticks and Lyme Disease is available from Lyme Disease Action.
Health & Safety
- Participants (Cubs and Scouts) will stay within their allocated activity groups for the duration of the day – Cubs will be split into 3 Groups x 10, Scouts will be split into 3 Groups x 10. Each person will be identified by an Identity Wristband and a coloured bib. Each Group will be allocated a Group Leader for the duration of the event.
- The Cub Group and Scout Group will be given separate toilet facilities and an outdoor space for breaks to keep Groups separate during the event.
- There will be extra cleaning in place to support hygiene management.
- Equipment, including helmets, will be washed/disinfected and dried between use.
- Participants will be required to sanitise/wash their hand before and after each activity/ meal.
- Activity touch points will be cleaned by instructors after each group’s use.
- Staff and Leaders are being strongly encouraged to undertake a Lateral Flow Test prior to each event.
If you have any questions about attending ScotJam on Tour: South East then please do not hesitate to contact Richard Fairbairn (firstname.lastname@example.org)
A personalised version of the above information, informing participants of their activity group and arrival time was e-mailed to all participants on Monday 12th July.