We can’t wait to welcome Participants to ScotJam on Tour: West taking place at Scout Adventures Lochgoilhead on Sunday 18th July. This page contains important information about how we’re going to keep everyone safe and make sure everyone enjoys ScotJam.
ScotJam on Tour: West is taking place in line with current Scottish Government guidance and Scouts Scotland readiness levels.
If a participant, or a close contact (within 10 days), are displaying symptoms of Covid-19, or is self-isolating then they should not attending ScotJam on Tour: West. In this situation you should contact the ScotJam Team – details at the bottom of this page.
Each participant should bring with them …
- Small Day Sack
- Packed Lunch – including water bottle, morning and afternoon snacks.
ScotJam is a NUT FREE event, please do no bring any foot items which contain Nuts.
- Clothing appropriate for the weather – including waterproofs.
- Change of clothes, shoes and towel for water activities – these will get wet, so a black bin bag is required.
- Space set of warm clothes, preferably synthetic
- Sun Cream
- Personal Medication – if required.
This should be marked with name, group and dose frequency. This should be handed to a leader.
- Face Covering – for when participants are inside any building and/for situations when physical distance is not possible
Participants are required to wear their neckie throughout the day.
All personal belongings must be clearly marked with your child’s full name and group.
ScotJam on Tour does not accept responsibility for personal equipment, clothing and effects, and The Scout Association DOES NOT provide automatic insurance cover in respect of such items. Participants are discouraged from bringing new or expensive clothes.
Arrival & Departures
ScotJam on Tour: West is taking place at Scouts Adventures Lochgoilhead (PA24 8AQ).
To limit the number of vehicles and people arriving on site at once we are allocating time slots for arrival and departure. Please make sure you stick to the time slot allocated below. If siblings are attending or participants are car sharing they should arrive/depart at the earlier time slot.
If you arrive prior to your slot please wait at the Lochgoilhead Village Car Park, this is a 1 minute drive or a 4 minute walk from Scout Adventures Lochgoilhead – view Map.
On arrival participants must register at reception, to make sure that we comply with Track & Trace. After registration parents/ carer must leave the venue.
Whilst at ScotJam on Tour: West participants will be part of an activity group with other Cubs/Scouts. Throughout the event participants will be supported and looked after by experience leaders and qualified instructors. Participants will stay with their allocated activity group for the duration of the event.
Participants at ScotJam on Tour: West will participate in four 90-minute activity sessions, these are Mega SUPs, Canoeing, Archery & High Ropes.
|Activity 1||Mega SUPs||Canoeing||Archery||High Ropes|
|Activity 2||Canoeing||Mega SUPs||High Ropes||Archery|
|Activity 3||Archery||High Ropes||Mega SUPs||Canoeing|
|Activity 4||High Ropes||Archery||Canoeing||Mega SUPs|
The program may be subject to last minute changes. All activities will be run in accordance with The Scout Association’s Safety rules.
In the evening there will be a BBQ, followed by Wide Games and a Camp Fire prior to departure.
After ScotJam on Tour: West we recommend that participants check for Ticks. Information about Ticks and Lyme Disease is available from Lyme Disease Action.
Health & Safety
The Health & Safety of everyone involved in ScotJam on tour is the most important thing to us. To ensure this the following additional procedures will be put in place.
- Each activity group will be given separate toilet facilities and an outdoor space for break to keep groups separate.
- There will be extra cleaning in place to support hygiene management.
- Equipment, including helmets, will be washed/disinfected and dried between use.
- Participants will be required to sanitise/wash their hand before and after each activity/ meal.
- Activity touch points will be cleaned by instructors after each group’s use.
- Staff and Leaders are being strongly encourages to undertake a Lateral Flow Test prior to each event.
If you have any questions about attending ScotJam on Tour: West then please do not hesitate to contact Eoin Neil (firstname.lastname@example.org)
A personalised version of the above information, informing participants of their activity group and arrival time was e-mailed to all participants on Monday 12th July.