We can’t wait to welcome Participants to ScotJam on Tour: Forth taking place at Barrwood on Saturday 3rd and Sunday 4th July. This page contains important information about how we’re going to keep everyone safe and make sure everyone enjoys ScotJam.
ScotJam on Tour: Forth is taking place in line with current Scottish Government guidance and Scouts Scotland readiness levels.
If a participant, or a close contact, are displaying symptoms of Covid-19, or is self-isolating then they should not attending ScotJam on Tour: Forth. In this situation you should contact the ScotJam Team – details at the bottom of this page.
Each participant should bring with them …
- Small Day Sack
- Packed Lunch – including water bottle, morning and afternoon snacks.
ScotJam is a NUT FREE event, please do no bring any foot items which contain Nuts.
- Clothing appropriate for the weather.
- change of clothes, shows and towel for water activities – these will get wet, so a black bin bag is required.
- Sun Cream
- Personal Medication – if required.
This should be marked with name, group and dose frequency. This should be handed to a leader.
- Face Covering – for when participants are inside any building and/for situations when physical distance is not possible
Where possible participants should arrive in uniform. Participants are required to wear their neckie throughout the day.
All personal belongings must be clearly marked with your child’s full name and group.
ScotJam on Tour does not accept responsibility for personal equipment, clothing and effects, and The Scout Association DOES NOT provide automatic insurance cover in respect of such items. Participants are discouraged from bringing new or expensive clothes.
Arrival & Departures
ScotJam on Tour: Forth is taking place at Barrwood Campsite. Barrwood Campsite lies 2 miles north of Denny – see Map. Board Quarry (FK6 6RA) is located close by.
To limit the number of vehicles and people arriving on site at once we are allocating time slots for arrival and departure. Please make sure you stick to the time slot allocated below. If siblings are attending, they can arrive at either time slot.
On arrival participants must register at reception, to make sure that we comply with Track & Trace. After registration parents/ carer must leave the venue.
Whilst at ScotJam on Tour: Forth participants will be part of an activity group with other Cubs/Scouts. Throughout the event participants will be supported and looked after by experience leaders and qualified instructors. Participants will stay with their allocated activity group for the duration of the event.
Participants at ScotJam on Tour: Forth will take part in four 1.5 hour long activities during the course of the day.
|Activity 1||Wayfaring||Bushcraft||Raft Building||Canoe|
|Activity 2||Bushcraft||Wayfaring||Canoe||Raft Building|
|Activity 3||Raft Building||Canoe||Wayfaring||Bushcraft|
|Activity 4||Canoe||Raft Building||Bushcraft||Wayfaring|
All activities will be run in accordance with The Scout Association’s Safety rules.
In the evening there will be a BBQ, followed by Wide Games and a Camp Fire prior to departure.
Health & Safety
The Health & Safety of everyone involved in ScotJam on tour is the most important thing to us. To ensure this the following additional procedures will be put in place.
- Each activity group will be given separate toilet facilities and an outdoor space for break to keep groups separate.
- There will be extra cleaning in place to support hygiene management.
- Equipment, including helmets, will be washed/disinfected and dried between use.
- Participants will be required to sanitise/wash their hand before and after each activity/ meal.
- Activity touch points will be cleaned by instructors after each group’s use.
- Staff and Leaders are being strongly encourages to undertake a Lateral Flow Test prior to each event.
If you have any questions about attending ScotJam on Tour: Forth then please do not hesitate to contact Nicola Donaldson (email@example.com).
A personalised version of the above information, informing participants of their activity group and arrival time was e-mailed to all participants on Tuesday 29th June.