We can’t wait to welcome Participants to ScotJam on Tour: East taking place at Lochore Meadows on Saturday 10th July. This page contains important information about how we’re going to keep everyone safe and make sure everyone enjoys ScotJam.
ScotJam on Tour: East is taking place in line with current Scottish Government guidance and Scouts Scotland readiness levels.
If a participant, or a close contact (within 10 days), are displaying symptoms of Covid-19, or is self-isolating then they should not attending ScotJam on Tour: East. In this situation you should contact the ScotJam Team – details at the bottom of this page.
Each participant should bring with them …
- Small Day Sack
- Packed Lunch – including water bottle, morning and afternoon snacks.
ScotJam is a NUT FREE event, please do no bring any foot items which contain Nuts.
- Clothing appropriate for the weather – including waterproofs.
- Wet Suit – if they have one. Wet Suits will be provided if required.
- Towel for water activities
- Spare set of warm clothes, preferably synthetic
- Two pairs of footwear – one to wear throughout the day and a pair of lace up trainers for water activities, these will get wet.
- Bin Bag for wet clothing, trainers and towel.
- Sun Cream
- Personal Medication – if required.
This should be marked with name, group and dose frequency. This should be handed to a leader.
- Face Covering – for when participants are inside any building and/for situations when physical distance is not possible
Participants should arrive swim-ready e.g. swim wear under clothes. Participants are required to wear their neckie throughout the day.
All personal belongings must be clearly marked with your child’s full name and group.
ScotJam on Tour does not accept responsibility for personal equipment, clothing and effects, and The Scout Association DOES NOT provide automatic insurance cover in respect of such items. Participants are discouraged from bringing new or expensive clothes.
Arrival & Departures
ScotJam on Tour: East is taking place at Lochore Meadows (KY5 8BA)
To limit the number of vehicles and people arriving on site at once we are allocating time slots for arrival and departure. Please make sure you stick to the time slot allocated below. If siblings are attending or participants are car sharing they should arrive/depart at the earlier time slot.
If you arrive prior to your slot please wait in the main carpark. At the time of your slot please drive round to the water sports centre where participants can be dropped off for registration and collected at the end of the day.
On arrival participants must register at reception, to make sure that we comply with Track & Trace. After registration parents/ carer must leave the drop-off area.
Whilst at ScotJam on Tour: East participants will be part of an activity group with other Cubs/Scouts. Throughout the event participants will be supported and looked after by experience leaders and qualified instructors. Participants will stay with their allocated activity group for the duration of the event. ScotJam on Tour: East is fully booked, this means that we are unable to re-allocate participants to different activity groups.
Participants at ScotJam on Tour: East will participate in a range of activities, likely to be a mix of water and land based. We will endeavor to share a program with participants once we’ve finalised the details. All activities will be run in accordance with The Scout Association’s Safety rules.
In the evening there will be a BBQ, followed by Wide Games and a Camp Fire prior to departure.
After ScotJam on Tour: East we recommend that participants check for Ticks. Information about Ticks and Lyme Disease is available from Lyme Disease Action.
Health & Safety
The Health & Safety of everyone involved in ScotJam on tour is the most important thing to us. To ensure this the following additional procedures will be put in place.
- Each activity group will be given separate toilet facilities and an outdoor space for break to keep groups separate.
- There will be extra cleaning in place to support hygiene management.
- Equipment, including helmets, will be washed/disinfected and dried between use.
- Participants will be required to sanitise/wash their hand before and after each activity/ meal.
- Activity touch points will be cleaned by instructors after each group’s use.
- Staff and Leaders are being strongly encourages to undertake a Lateral Flow Test prior to each event.
If you have any questions about attending ScotJam on Tour: East then please do not hesitate to contact Nicola Donaldson (email@example.com)
A personalised version of the above information, informing participants of their activity group and arrival time was e-mailed to all participants on Tuesday 6th July.